Bucklegrove is a welcoming, fun family holiday park for touring caravans, trailer tents, tents, motor caravans; with self-catering camping cabins, static caravan & lodge holiday homes.
We do not accept bookings from all male or all female parties of four or more persons without prior contact with the park. Group bookings are accepted, please contact us for details. Our guest’s enjoyment and safety is paramount and therefore we ask you to read the following Terms and Conditions before making your booking.
Prices listed are in UK pounds and include VAT at the current rate of 20%.
Deposits are non-refundable: £50 per booking confirms your reservation – this is a non-refundable deposit payment (this excludes Seasonal Pitches and Holiday Homeowners).
- Camping, Touring Pitches and Rent a Tent’s – balance is to be settled on arrival.
- Self-catering Holiday Homes & Cabins – 28 days prior to arrival.
If the balance is not paid in time, then we may cancel the holiday and retain your deposit. The person who makes the booking is responsible for the booking and warrants that they are over 18 years of age. We accept the following payment methods: Cash, Card, BACS or through our website payment system.
Access statement and policy:
We seek to provide the very best service to all our guests and have an access statement available which describes the facilities we have to offer on the park. Available to view & download on our website. If you would like a printed copy, or wish to discuss any other special needs, please tell us at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to ask guests who contravene these terms and conditions to leave the park immediately. In these circumstances the holiday ceases. We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
These booking terms & conditions apply to self-catering, cabins and casual pitch holidays. For seasonal pitch holders and private holiday home ownership there are separate and individual terms & conditions. This contract is with Wookey Hole Ltd, who own and operate Bucklegrove Holiday Park. A contract exists as soon as we have issued our confirmation invoice and you should please check this carefully to see that it reflects your wishes. Inform us of any discrepancy within 7 days unless your holiday is to start within 14 days in which case you should inform us within 24 hours. The terms contained in this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
The Price of the Holiday: Once you have made your booking and paid the deposit the price of the holiday will not be subject to any change unless the rate of VAT changes or you have asked us to amend your holiday.
You may cancel your booking at any time, but we shall only be liable to refund you the following percentages of the total holiday price (including extras) for self-catering accommodation:
- Cancellation more than 28 days before the first day of booking, full refund minus your deposit paid.
- Cancellation between 8 and 28 days before first day of booking, 50% refund minus the deposit.
- Cancellation 7 days or less before first day of booking 0%.
- For touring/tent pitches you will forfeit your deposit.
- Cancellation will be effective on the date it is received by us in writing.
Change or cancellation of the Holiday by us: If we are unable to provide the booked holiday and have had to cancel before the holiday is due to start, you are entitled to a full refund of the money you have paid to us.
Holiday Behaviour Standards and Termination:
By making a booking with us you have entered a contract in which you undertake, on behalf of yourself and the people in your party, to adopt the following standards of behaviour:
- To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff and other guests.
- To supervise children properly so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others and observe the play area opening times.
- You further agree that you will not:
- Commit/undertake any criminal offence/activity at the Park
- Commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance
- Keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon at the Park
- Use any unlawful drugs
- Create any undue noise or disturbance
- Carry on any trade or business while on the Park
Quiet hours are from Midnight until 7.00am. Please keep noise to an absolute minimum during these hours.
Health and Safety:
We take the wellbeing and safety of our guests seriously and we ask that you comply with the following:
- The speed limit on the park is 5mph.
- Bicycle use is permitted during daylight hours only – helmets are advised.
- All vehicles must conform to the Road Traffic Act and have current tax, MOT & insurance. Provisions of the Highway Code apply to all roads on the park.
- 1 vehicle can be parked next to the pitch. Extra vehicles by prior arrangement only and are chargeable.
- No lorries, commercial or sign written vehicles will be allowed on to the park without prior approval.
- No mechanical, repair work or car washing is to be done on the park.
- IMPORTANT; the swimming pool is not life guarded attended. Children under 16 (regardless of ability) must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Our full Health and Safety Policy is available for inspection in Reception upon request. Dogs and responsible owners are welcome at Bucklegrove; however certain areas of the park are OFF LIMITS to dogs. You cannot take your dog to the swimming pool or on the children’s play area. They must be on a lead at all times, never left alone.
- Maximum number of persons per touring/camping pitch = 6. Maximum persons in letting units are determined by the number of berths.
- Pitch sizes: it is your responsibility to book the correct size for your requirements. It is not possible to fit pup tents, awning annexes and gazebos onto all pitch types and they must be stipulated at the time of booking. Tents should allow a minimum addition 1m to dimensions to allow for guy ropes. Should you subsequently alter your requirements or misinform us of the size of your unit and require a larger pitch we will try to provide an appropriately sized pitch (which may incur a higher pitch fee) but this cannot be guaranteed. Electric pitches have 10amp or 13amp supply. None of our pitches are totally flat motorhomes may require levelling chocks/blocks.
- Check-in is from 2pm for touring/camping pitches and 4pm for self-catering. We do not accept arrivals during the hours of darkness for safety and disturbance reasons: 9pm latest during summer.
- Please advise us if you are likely to arrive later than 6.00pm. If we have not heard from you within 24 hours of your expected arrival we reserve the right to re-let your pitch, camping cabin, holiday home or lodge.
- Every endeavour will be made to allocate guests the pitch of their choice, however, it must be clearly understood that acceptance of a booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular pitch.
- Your pitch number and directions to it will be confirmed on arrival. If you are in any doubt whether you are on the right pitch please check with a member of staff. Any guest on the wrong pitch may be required to move.
- Only food & beverage purchased from the cafe may be consumed within the licensed area during opening hours.
- Children are welcome in our family cafe bar when accompanied by an adult.
- We have a no naked flame policy: no open fires or fire pits. Barbeques that stand above the ground are allowed.
- Generators are not permitted.
- The natural conditions of the park are not to be disturbed. No cutting, digging or damaging and tree climbing.
- Extending your stay beyond booked dates: we will try our best but there is no guarantee of the same pitch.
- No refunds for early departure unless it as a result of the breach of some obligation on our part.
- Data Protection Act 1984: we will never share your personal information with anyone else. We may from time to time email you offers or events; if you would rather not receive these then let us know. by unsubscribing, calling or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with REMOVE in the subject line. We may also disclose your data to Campstead Ltd who may contact you, inviting you to complete a questionnaire and review regarding your stay at our park.
- Check out time for Camping Cabins, Holiday Homes and Lodges is by 10am. Camping & Touring pitches by 12 noon.
- You are responsible for any loss or damage to the holiday home/pitch and its equipment. You are required to leave the holiday home/pitch in the same condition that you first occupied it; clean & tidy.
- Day guests are chargeable. They must first register at reception where they will be allocated a parking space. No pets please and departure by 11.30pm
Our complaints policy and guarantee
If you are not happy about the service you receive from us please tell us and we will try to resolve your concern. Your statutory rights are not affected.